Fresh from the oven: vegan, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, oil free, GUILT free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that taste like heaven — just in time for Christmas. In-joy.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: about 24 cookies
1 cup all natural organic peanut butter (we used creamy)
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs maple syrup
3 tbs water
1 cup COLD chickpea flour (we keep ours in the freezer)
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt (omit salt if using salted peanut butter)
½ cup chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips to keep these vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Add chickpea flour, baking soda and salt (if using), and mix until combined. The dough will be crumbly at this point.
- Add water and maple syrup. Mix until the dough starts to come together. Add in chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls (about 1 - 2 tablespoons per cookie), drop on parchment paper, press down on the top of each ball of dough to flatten a bit, then flatten with a fork horizontally and then vertically to create a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
- After removing the baking sheet from the oven, lightly press down on the top of each cookie with a fork to flatten them a bit. This compacts the cookie, giving it a chewy center and crisp edges.
- Let cool completely.
- Eat & enjoy! Store extras in an airtight plastic container.
Tweet it Out: I know what I'm making for Christmas -- VEGAN, PALEO, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE, OIL FREE, GUILT free pb chocolate chip cookies. Click to grab the recipe.
Simple, fast, and easy to make — we can’t wait to hear what you think of these! They’re SO good. Please share your feedback in the comments below. And.. we would love to see your creations! Take a pic and tag us on Instagram at @thedailyalchemy using the hashtag: #thedailyalchemy, so we can like your photo.
What’s your favorite Christmas cookie? Share with us in the comments below. These peanut butter chocolate chip little drops of heaven are at the top of our list.
Erika & Jess
PS. Like this post? You'll love this.
Want more healthy recipes? Come cook with us! Join us Monday, January 4th for Nourished By Nature, live. You’ll learn how to cook quick, simple, delicious, plant-based meals that nourish you from the inside out. And the best part? It’s 100% online so can participate from anywhere. To learn more about Nourished By Nature, click here, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Spots fill up fast so sign up now to secure your spot. Enrollment closes Friday, January 1st at 11:59pm EST (no exceptions!).
UPDATE: Enrollment is now closed.
To be the first to know when the next group session goes live, enter your info by clicking the signup button below. Don’t want to wait for the next session? We love your enthusiasm. Click here to get started today. For details regarding the difference between joining the course live (cleansing with the group) vs. doing the cleanse on your own click here.
Become an Alchemy Insider. Sign up for our email newsletter to receive a weekly dose of alchemy insights and get exclusive access to high vibe nutrition knowledge that will catapult you into achieving the life of your dreams (you’ll be glad you did!).