I know, it’s March, I thought about holding onto this post until summertime, but I’m currently work-cationing in sunny California and, ice cream should never wait. This post was actually inspired by my latest SoCal obsession — Pressed Juicery’s infamous line of soft-serve frozen deliciousness, the Pressed Juicery Freeze. Kind of like fro-yo only way better, Freeze is a gluten-free, dairy-free, 100 percent vegan frozen dessert packed with the same nutrition found in Pressed Juicery’s popular cold-pressed juices and almond milks. Using only fruits, vegetables, nuts and coconuts, this nutrient packed dessert is a must if you ever find yourself on the west coast. For all my Alkalites back east that can’t get your hands on a Freeze, this is for you: 8 crave-worthy alternatives to ice cream that put fro-yo to shame (dairy-free, vegan & mostly raw, of course).
8 frozen desserts that put fro-yo to shame:
1. Banana soft serve via The Kitchn (raw + vegan)
2. Peanut butter shake with peanut butter crumbles & raw chocolate magic sauce via Urban Alchemy (raw + vegan)
3. Chocolate covered ice cream cups via Faring Well (raw + vegan)
4. Snickers ice cream cake via Vanelja (raw + vegan)
5. Vanilla bean cashew cream milkshakes via Edible Perspective (raw + vegan)
6. Raw chocolate pistachio gelato via Oh Lady Cakes (raw + vegan)
7. Avocado chocolate popsicles via Lenaliciously (raw + vegan)
Are you an ice cream addict like us? We want to know! Share your favorite frozen desserts in the comment section below. Bonus points if you post the recipe! And one more thing: share this post with two of your friends by using any of the buttons below (and let us know you did by leaving a comment). We read and respond to every single one.
We adore you,
Erika & Jess
PS. Like this? You’ll love this.
PPS. Come cook with us! Join us for Nourished By Nature. You'll discover simple, delicious, plant-based meals that nourish you from the inside out. And the best part? It’s 100% online so can participate from anywhere. To learn more about Nourished By Nature, click here, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become an Alchemy Insider. Sign up for our email newsletter to receive a weekly dose of alchemy insights and get exclusive access to high vibe nutrition knowledge that will catapult you into achieving the life of your dreams (you'll be glad you did!).