This post is part of our month-long Self-Love series. If you're just catching up, read this first. This post would not be possible without Reanne Derkson, our other third at Love Bomb Bootcamp. Thank you for being so amazing.
Because we know in the midst of all this mental heavy lifting, sometimes you just need some immediate relief, a FREE gift just for you:
16 Ways to Feel Better, Immediately… That Do Not Involve Wine (Or Weed).
16 Ways to Feel Better, Immediately… That Do Not Involve Wine (Or Weed)
- Get up. Above everything, you must get out of bed. Even if it’s just to put on your sweats and lounge in a different room of your house.
- Get grateful. Name one good thing, one good thought, or one good reason to chase out your darkness for a brighter day. Keep this list going.
- Take a hot shower or bath. The process of cleansing, physically, can also be extremely cleansing, mentally.
- Take a cold shower or bath. Because as horrific as it sounds, they work. Google: “the power of cold water”.
- Go outside. Go for a walk, sit in a park, grab a buddy and take a hike. Being in nature is seriously good for the soul.
- Write about it. Writing about your feelings can be extremely cathartic. Putting pen to paper allows you to unleash everything that is going on in your head and heart and simply get. it. out. You might be surprised to feel like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders once you’re finished.
- Practice yoga. Post-yoga bliss is a real thing. Even if you’re not a yogi. Even if you’re practicing on the floor of your bedroom in your underwear.
- Cross one thing off your to-do list. We get it. Darkness can be debilitating, making it seemingly impossible to accomplish anything, no matter how big or small the task is. Except you can. Pick one thing off your to-do list and just get it done. Maybe you’ll feel completely drained after, but at least you can feel proud of what you’ve accomplished despite your dark cloud. (PS. Laundry, dishes, hanging with your pup, and getting out of bed all count.)
- Exercise. It’s no secret that exercise releases endorphins, and endorphins make you happy. If the sheer thought of going to a gym totally bums you out, you can still get your endorphin high by going for a run or walk, bike ride, or doing an at home ab workout.
- Inhale essential oils. Think of this as the more appropriate, less destructive alternative to inhalants. Essential oils like lavender (to relax), chamomile (to comfort), rose (to reduce anxiety), and vetiver (to ground), are our BFFS when we just can’t deal. Place 2-3 drops in your palms, rub together and inhale deeply. Exhale a sigh of relief.
- Spoonk! Because lying down on a bed of spikes is surprisingly blissful.
- Self-affirm. Adopt a confidence mantra. Repeat it 20 million times when you start feeling “cloudy”. Try: “I can do hard things”. (Because spoiler alert... YOU CAN.)
- Breathe. 10 slow, deep, conscious breaths in and out through the nose.
- Laugh. It’s the happiest way to get through life. (We suggest Louis C.K. stand up.)
- Phone a friend. Just to chat. When your dark cloud is hovering, it often feels like you’re all alone. But chances are, the second you reach out to someone — your mom, bff, sister, bf, anyone — you’ll realize you were never actually alone. It’s all in your head (seriously). There is an abundance of people surrounding you that care deeply for you and your well-being.
- Deal with your “crisis”. Ever wonder what days, months, years, a lifetime of built-up stress and anxiety can lead to? A.) Burnout. AKA when you run yourself into the ground and your physical being evaporates into fumes. And, B.) Disease. AKA, DIS-ease. For real. Stress causes 90% of all disease.
Almost there? GOOD. We call that the breaking point. That means you are ready for change, NOW.
Want support? Join us alongside hundreds of other mega-inspiring bad a$$ babes like yourself on Monday, February 13th for Love Bomb Bootcamp, 30 straight days of radical transformation and major self-love alchemy. Discover your worth, your power, and just how magical you truly are. Click here to sign up.
Like this post? Sign up below for free bi-weekly(ish) emails from us, with love, and share this with two of your friends.
This post is part of our month long Self-Love series. If you're just catching up:
1. Self-Love Wins
2. Where Do YOU Fit Into Your Day? An Important Self-Care Reminder.
3. RIP To the F*&k I Almost Gave - The Life-Changing Magic Of Not Giving A F*$k.
We interrupt this self-love series with a fresh dose of anxiety because… you got anxiety? GIRL, me too.
5. “Am I Depressed??? IDK? Help!” Read this if you’re currently thinking SAME.
We write kickass emails. Biweekly-ish to a select group of Alchemy Insiders on stuff you’ll probably want to know about like: high vibe nutrition knowledge, how to feel good, and other things that will catapult you into achieving the life of your dreams.
The right words, just when you need them.
Now totally free.