When we talk to our clients about revamping their morning routine the biggest and most common concern is always time, because no one ever has enough of it. If your mornings are hurried, hectic, and in need of a high vibe pick-me-up, you’re going to love this recipe.
These Easy Vegan Banana Bread Muffins (aka banana bread made easy) are our go-to breakfast when we’re pressed for time and have to be out the door fast.
Guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters — they’re simple, quick, contain minimal ingredients (most of which you probably already have in your kitchen), and most importantly, taste amazing. Make them the night before to grab & go the next morning. Did we mention they’re vegan, gluten-free, oil-free & refined sugar free and really (really) easy?
Easy Vegan Banana Bread Muffins
Makes: 10 muffins
2 cups oat flour (or; 1 cup oat flour & 1 cup oat bran — we’ve tried both with great results)
3 medium ripe bananas (brown & spotty peel)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
For the topping:
½ cup water
6 medjool dates, pitted (*see notes for substitution)
5 tbsp crushed walnuts or mixed seeds (sunflower & pumpkin work great here)
1 tbsp rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 10 muffin tins with parchment paper baking cups.
- Using a fork, mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Add the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and non-dairy milk to the mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Scoop about ⅓ cup of the muffin batter into each parchment paper baking cup.
- Make date paste by blending the dates and water together in a food processor.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of the date paste mixture onto each muffin and spread gently.
- Sprinkle on nuts, seeds and oats.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Devour & enjoy! These are also great sliced in half with some almond butter in the center. Refrigerate any extra in an airtight plastic container.
-Instead of using dates, you can top these with a sprinkle of raw coconut sugar & mixed seeds.
-To make your own oat flour, pulse 1 cup rolled oats in your high powered blender or food processor until you have a fine powder (about 2-3 minutes).
-Oats are inherently gluten-free but are often processed on the same equipment as wheat. To avoid cross-contamination or if you have Celiac disease, choose certified gluten-free oats.
TWEET IT OUT: Vegan Banana Bread Muffins — our go-to breakfast for busy mornings (aka banana bread made easy). Click for recipe.
We’d love to know what you think of this recipe! Please share your feedback in the comments below. And.. we would love to see your creations! Take a pic and tag us on instagram at @thedailyalchemy using the hashtag: #thedailyalchemy, so we can like your photo.
What’s your favorite on-the-go breakfast? Share with us in the comments below.
Erika & Jess
Want more healthy recipes? Come cook with us! Join us for Nourished By Nature, where you’ll learn how to cook quick, simple, delicious, plant-based meals that nourish you from the inside out. And the best part? It’s 100% online so can participate from anywhere. To learn more about Nourished By Nature, click here, or email us at email@example.com.
Become an Alchemy Insider. Sign up for our email newsletter to receive a weekly dose of alchemy insights and get exclusive access to high vibe nutrition knowledge that will catapult you into achieving the life of your dreams (you’ll be glad you did!).